The Courthouse is situated on the corner of the A56 (Washway Road) and Ashton Lane, in the centre of Sale
- Court sessions run from 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 until the end of business, but normally no later than 17:00.
- There are 6 Courtrooms, which are in use from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- On Mondays and Fridays, all 6 courtrooms are normally used for Adult cases
- On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 2 courtrooms are normally reserved for Youth cases (The general public and Press are not allowed into Youth cases)
- On Mondays the Family Panel normally sits in one court.
- On Saturdays and Public Holidays a single court is open to hear bail applications.
- Anyone who is involved in a particular case is asked to be at court at least 15 minutes before their case is due to start.
HOW TO GET TO TRAFFORD MAGISTRATESâ€™ COURT
BY BUS: The map on the left shows the bus routes that pass close to the Courthouse.
Turn left out of Sale Metrolink Station. Cross the road into the pedestrian area. Walk to the crossroads at Washway Road. At these traffic lights, the Courthouse faces you diagonally to the right.
Trafford Courthouse is well signposted and is clearly visible on the main A56. Follow the road signs, making sure you follow the one way system.
PARKING is more difficult. However, there are three local supermarkets within walking distance (Tesco, Sainsbury, and Marks and Spencer) where you could park. There is a parking charge at each, refundable with purchases.
Arrangements for parking at the court can be made for those displaying a disabled badge by contacting the court before you visit, on (0161) 976 3333
Please also refer to the section on facilities for the disabled on our Help at Court page.